Grilled Tropical Fruit with Creamy Lime-Mint and Mango Sauce
- Total Time
This colorful fruit platter is a lovely, refreshing ending to summer meals.
fat free vanilla Greek yogurt1 cup(s)
fresh mint leaves3 Tbsp, chopped
lime zest1 ½ tsp, grated
fresh lime juice2 tsp
mango(es)2 large, peeled
cooking spray3 spray(s)
pineapple½ medium, cored, cut into 8 spears
papaya(s)½ large, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 8 spears
banana(s)4 large, unpeeled, halved lengthwise
unsweetened coconut flakes¼ cup(s), toasted
- Combine yogurt, mint, lime zest and lime juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Slice down around mango pit to get 4 pieces from each mango – you’ll end up with 2 larger pieces from the wider sides and 2 smaller pieces from the narrower sides; set aside.
- Cut off any mango flesh clinging to pits; finely chop (you should have about ½ cup). Add chopped mango to bowl with yogurt sauce; mix and set aside.
- Off heat, coat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan with cooking spray; heat to medium heat.
- Coat reserved mango, pineapple, papaya and bananas with cooking spray
- Grill fruit, turning once, until lightly charred and softened, about 6 minutes; remove fruit from grill to a serving platter. Sprinkle fruit with toasted coconut; serve with sauce on the side.
- Serving size: 1 piece each mango, pineapple, papaya and banana, 1 1/2 tsp coconut and 3 Tbsp sauce