Grilled stuffed jalapeños with chicken chorizo
Grill a batch of this four-ingredient appetizer with a flavor kick for your next gathering. You’ll need a jalapeño grilling rack for this crowd-pleasing Mexican snack. Look for one at a kitchenware store or an online cookware website. When selecting the scallions for this recipe, look for bunches that have vibrant green leaves with the roots still attached. To properly chop them, use a chef's knife to cut off the ends of the root and bunch them together. You can make the sausage and cheese mixture ahead of time or double the recipe and serve it on crackers or toasted French bread rounds.
9 oz, three 3 oz precooked sausages, minced
WW Reduced fat shredded Mexican style blend cheese
⅓ cup(s), minced
- In a medium bowl, combine sausage, cheese and scallions.
- Slice off stem and about ¼-inch top of each jalapeño.
- Using a small paring knife, seed and devein jalapeños; stuff each with 2 Tbsp sausage mixture and stand in grilling rack.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Set jalapeño grilling rack on grill over indirect heat (just to the side of the heat). Cover and grill until jalapeños are softened and somewhat blistered, about 30 minutes; cool in rack for a few minutes before serving warm.
- Serving size: 1 stuffed jalapeño.