Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
- Total Time
The cream cheese filling helps tame the heat from the peppers in this fun appetizer. Or serve as a side to any grilled entrée.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
low fat cream cheese½ cup(s)
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese1 ½ oz
jalapeño pepper(s)12 large
uncooked scallion(s)2 Tbsp, sliced
cilantro2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
table salt¼ tsp
minced garlic¼ tsp
paprika¼ tsp, smoked variety (plus extra for garnish)
- Before heating, coat grill rack with cooking spray; preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut off a thin slice from one side of each pepper, leaving stems intact; scoop out seeds with a grapefruit spoon or other small spoon (be careful not to touch seeds with bare hands).
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, 3 Tbsp shredded cheese, scallions, cilantro, salt, garlic and paprika until blended.
- Fill each pepper with about 2 tsp cheese mixture; sprinkle remaining 3 Tbsp shredded cheese evenly over peppers and sprinkle with more paprika, if desired.
- Reduce heat to medium; grill peppers, covered, until bottoms of peppers are lightly charred, peppers are tender and cheese is melted, 7 to 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving size: 1 pepper