Grilled stuffed jalapeños
Low fat cream cheese
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp, sliced
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
¼ tsp, smoked variety (plus extra for garnish)
- Before heating, coat grill rack with cooking spray; preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut off a thin slice from one side of each pepper, leaving stems intact; scoop out seeds with a grapefruit spoon or other small spoon (be careful not to touch seeds with bare hands).
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, 3 Tbsp shredded cheese, scallions, cilantro, salt, garlic and paprika until blended.
- Fill each pepper with about 2 tsp cheese mixture; sprinkle remaining 3 Tbsp shredded cheese evenly over peppers and sprinkle with more paprika, if desired.
- Reduce heat to medium; grill peppers, covered, until bottoms of peppers are lightly charred, peppers are tender and cheese is melted, 7 to 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving size: 1 pepper