Grilled Stuﬀed Jalapeños (Family Meals)
½ cup(s), (light cream cheese), softened
Reduced-fat cheddar cheese
3 oz, (about 6 tbsp), or Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp, sliced
2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
¼ tsp, smoked plus additional from sprinkling
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Cut jalapeños lengthwise in half, leaving stems intact; cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper half so it can stand securely. With grapefruit spoon or melon baller, scoop out seeds. Set peppers aside.
- Stir together cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of Cheddar, the scallion, cilantro, garlic, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, and the salt in small bowl until blended.
- Fill each pepper half with about 2 teaspoons of cheese mixture; sprinkle evenly with remaining 3 tablespoons Cheddar. Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
- Reduce grill heat to medium; place peppers on grill rack and grill, covered, until tender, lightly charred on bottom, and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Per serving: 2 stuffed pepper halves