- 1 medium fresh lime(s)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 2 cup(s) strawberries, diced
- 1 cup(s) pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup(s), minced uncooked red onion(s)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, or basil, minced
- 2 tsp jalapeño pepper(s), minced (with seeds)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
Zest lime; set aside. Juice lime; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 Tbsp lime juice, garlic, 1/2 tsp oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat both sides and set aside.
In another medium bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, remaining lime juice, remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil and reserved lime zest; set aside.
Off heat, lightly coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
Grill chicken, flipping once, until an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 165°F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2/3 c salsa
- Test your jalapeno to make sure it has heat. Some chilies are totally mild with no heat. If it’s a hot chili and you don’t want too much heat, remove the seeds. Just make sure not to touch the seeds with your bare hands - their oils can irritate sensitive skin and eyes.