Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Chili Salsa
- Total Time
The addition of jalapeno to fruit salsa adds wonderful heat. Leave in more or less jalapeno seeds depending on your threshold.
fresh lime(s)1 medium
minced garlic2 tsp
olive oil2 tsp, divided
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
strawberries2 cup(s), diced
pineapple1 cup(s), diced
uncooked red onion(s)¼ cup(s), minced
cilantro2 Tbsp, or basil, minced
jalapeño pepper(s)2 tsp, minced (with seeds)
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Zest lime; set aside. Juice lime; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 Tbsp lime juice, garlic, 1/2 tsp oil, salt and pepper. Add chicken to bowl; turn to coat both sides and set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, remaining lime juice, remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil and reserved lime zest; set aside.
- Off heat, lightly coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 165°F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2/3 c salsa