Grilled Carrots with Lemon and Mint
- Total Time
Here's a fabulous no-fuss grilled side. Make sure to use thin carrots – they’re usually the ones sold in bunches with their green tops still attached.
lemon zest2 tsp, or to taste*
fresh lemon juice¼ cup(s), or to taste
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked carrot(s)12 medium, peeled (about 1/2-inch-thick in middle; 1 3/4 lb)
cooking spray2 spray(s)
mint leaves3 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- Coat carrots with cooking spray. Grill until lightly charred and almost tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Brush carrots with some lemon mixture; continue cooking, brushing once or twice more with lemon mixture, until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots to a serving platter and drizzle with remaining lemon mixture (or just a little if too lemony for your taste); sprinkle with mint. Yields 1 carrot per serving.