- 3 1/2 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium uncooked Yukon gold potato(es), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 medium uncooked leek(s), chopped, white and light green part(about 2 cups)
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), peeled
- 1 1/4 tsp table salt, divided, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 10 oz frozen green peas, thawed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 3 Tbsp dill, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
In a large saucepan, combine broth, potatoes, leeks, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are almost tender, about 12 minutes.
Add peas to saucepan, stir and cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes; remove saucepan from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, 2 tablespoons of dill, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper until smooth; set aside.
Puree soup in saucepan using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender (be careful not to splatter hot liquid); stir in remaining 1 tablespoon of dill.
To serve, ladle 1 cup of soup into each of 6 small soup bowls. Top each with 4 teaspoons of yogurt mixture, swirling mixture into soup. Then top each serving with about 2 teaspoons of tomato.
- *If you use fresh peas, you might have to add 1 to 2 minutes to the cooking time. You can sometimes find already shelled peas in the produce section of your supermarket.