Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Gremolata
- Total Time
We sauteed the green beans and shallots and then topped them with fresh parsley, lemon zest and minced garlic for a fabulous addition to your Thanksgiving meal.
uncooked green snap beans1 ½ pound(s), fresh, trimmed
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked shallot(s)6 medium, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
fresh parsley2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
lemon zest2 ½ tsp
minced garlic½ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
- Heat a large pot of water to a simmer. Place green beans in a steamer and steam over simmering water until tender, about 5 minutes. Run steamed green beans under cold running water for 30 seconds to stop cooking; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add shallots and cook, stirring often (and adding a little water to prevent sticking if necessary), until golden and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make gremolata, combine parsley, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add green beans to skillet; toss over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper; toss to mix and coat.
- Place green beans in a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with gremolata. Yields about 3/4 cup of green beans and 1 teaspoon of gremolata per serving.