Lemon-Dill Greek Chicken Salad
1½ Tbsp, extra-virgin
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), 4 (4-oz) breasts
4 cup(s), shredded, shredded
Canned drained chickpeas
1 cup(s), drained and rinsed
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
½ cup(s), finely chopped
1 cup(s), halved and thinly sliced
8 medium, Kalamata, pitted, sliced
Crumbled feta cheese
4½ Tbsp, fresh, chopped
½ medium, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, and 6 tbsp water. Reserve 1⁄4 cup of the dressing. Add the chicken to the bowl and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining lemon dressing.
- Coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Transfer the chicken to the grill. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the chicken until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer to a cutting board and thinly slice.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter. Top with the chickpeas, red peppers, cucumber, chicken, olives, and cheese. Stir the dill into the reserved lemon dressing. Drizzle over the salad. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 1½ cups salad, 1 chicken breast, and 1 tbsp each olives and feta