Greek lemon-dill grilled chicken salad
1½ Tbsp, extra-virgin
2¼ tsp, *
Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp, or to taste
¾ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
4 cup(s), shredded, thickly shredded
Canned drained chickpeas
1 cup(s), rinsed and drained
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
½ cup(s), diced
1 cup(s), sliced
8 medium, Kalamata, sliced
Crumbled feta cheese
4½ Tbsp, fresh, chopped
½ medium, cut into wedges for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine water, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper; remove 1/4 cup of dressing and place in a large zip-close plastic bag (or glass bowl).
- Add chicken to bag (or bowl) and turn to coat; seal bag (or cover bowl) and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining lemon mixture for dressing.
- When ready to cook, off heat, coat grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, turning as needed, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place lettuce on a serving platter; arrange vegetables, chickpeas, chicken, olives and cheese on top. Stir dill into reserved dressing; drizzle over salad. Yields about 1 1/2 cups salad, 1 chicken breast and 1 tablespoon each olives and feta per serving.