These fancy looking tarts are actually a snap to make with store-bought phyllo shells. They're mini in size – perfect for portion-control.
- 30 item(s) mini phyllo shell(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread, softened
- 5 1/3 Tbsp soft-type goat cheese, softened (1/3 cup)
- 1 item(s), large egg white(s)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, coarsely grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) jam, fig variety
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 cup(s) mint leaves, fresh, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange phyllo shells on a cookie sheet.
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, egg white, honey and flour until thick and creamy, about 5 to 6 minutes; spoon 1 teaspoon of filling in each shell. Bake until set, about 15 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apple, jam and allspice; set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until jam melts and mixture thickens slightly (juice from apples will evaporate); remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Just before serving, spoon 1 teaspoon apple compote onto each tart; garnish with mint. Yields 1 tartlet per serving.
- The tartlets and compote can both be made one day ahead. Just bring to room temperature before serving.