Glazed oranges à la mode
SmartPoints® value per serving
Enjoy these oranges on their own or jazz them up like we’ve done here with ice cream. These tasty oranges remind us of candied oranges, but these are sweetened with orange marmalade and orange juice concentrate instead of sugar. Cinnamon adds another layer of flavor to the oranges. These glazed oranges come together just under 10 minutes. In addition to serving over ice cream or eating them plain, you could also serve these glazed oranges over pound cake, plain yogurt or biscuits.
Low sugar orange marmalade
Frozen orange juice concentrate
2 Tbsp, thawed
Fat-free vanilla ice cream
3 medium, or 2 large, navel, peeled and separated into segments
- In a cup stir together marmalade, orange juice concentrate and cinnamon.
- Divide orange segments between 2 metal skewers.
- Place skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Generously brush with marmalade mixture.
- Place baking sheet 3 to 4 inches under broiler and broil until oranges are hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 4 bowls. Top with a quarter of the oranges and any leftover glaze. Yields about 1 cup per serving, including ice cream.