Garlicky Parmesan Pita Chips
- 4 small whole wheat pita(s), can substitute oat bran pita's
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Cut each pita into 4 triangles; split each triangle into two.
- Combine the egg whites, oil, garlic, salt, basil, and oregano in a small bowl. Brush over each of the pita wedges. Sprinkle with the cheese. Place the triangles on two baking sheets.
- Bake until the edges of the pita triangles are browned and the topping is set, 15–17 minutes. Transfer the chips to racks to cool completely. Yields about 4 chips per serving.
These chips make for a flavorful snack but can also be teamed with a yogurt or bean dip, or they can be served in lieu of bread with a main meal.