Garlic-Roasted Corn Snack
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, or vegetable oil
- 4 medium yellow corn on the cob, raw, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Pour oil into a large, sided baking pan. Add corn, garlic powder, paprika and salt; stir to mix.
- Bake until crisp, shaking pan occasionally, about 45 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Check after 25 minutes to make sure smaller pieces of corn are not burning.Store any uneaten kernels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To recrisp any soft kernels, reheat in oven on a sheet pan until crispy.Add even greater flavor to this recipe by tossing the corn with flavored vegetable oil such as basil- or chili-flavored oil.