Frosted banana bread muffins
Unpacked brown sugar
3 large, or 4 medium, mashed
2 tsp, grated
1 large egg(s)
Golden seedless raisins
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Blend together oil and brown sugar. Beat in bananas, lemon zest, egg and egg white.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently stir half the flour mixture into banana mixture; stir in buttermilk, remaining flour mixture and raisins.
- Divide batter among muffin pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting, blend powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Drizzle over cooled muffins.