Fresh tuna fajitas
Uncooked yellowfin tuna
8 oz, one 8-ounce steak, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
4 medium, trimmed and halved lengthwise
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red, stemmed, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch strips
Fat free sour cream
2 Tbsp, pickled slices
2 Tbsp, minced
½ item(s), two wedges
- Toss the tuna slices, chile powder, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a nonstick grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the scallions; cook, turning once, for 5 minutes, or until softened and blackened in spots. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Add the bell pepper strips to the grill pan; cook, turning once, for 6 minutes, or until softened and charred in places. Transfer to the cutting board.
- Lay the tuna slices cut side down in the grill pan. Cook, turning once, for 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to the cutting board as well.
- Set the tortillas in the grill pan. Heat, turning once, for 20 seconds, or until softened. Transfer to two serving plates.
- To assemble, divide the vegetables and tuna strips between the tortillas. Top each with 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1 tablespoon jalapeño slices, and 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves. Squeeze a lime wedge over the ingredients. Serve flat, folded, or rolled.
- Serving size: 1 filled tortilla