Fresh berry pinwheels
SmartPoints® value per serving
Pizza dough gets all sweetened up with this easy recipe for a dessert or quick, fruity snack. Jam and berries plump up these tasty rolls of dough that are baked until they're toasty warm and golden, with hot, bubbling fruit centers. Serve them right out of the oven. We never manage to keep any leftovers, but if you do have a roll left, let it cool completely before storing in an air tight container or bread box for up to a day. The easiest way to keep these tasty treats on hand is to stash a tube (or more!) of pizza dough in the freezer for when the craving hits. These come together fast and smell so good while they're baking, you might need to whip up a double batch everytime.
Frozen pizza crust dough
4 tsp, raspberry
1 Tbsp, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured work surface, unroll dough and slice lengthwise into quarters. Spread each quarter with preserves, top with berries, then roll up dough.
- Place rolls, seam-side down, on baking sheet. Brush tops with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.