- 2 spray(s) butter flavour cooking spray
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 2 large egg(s)
- 2 slice(s) uncooked Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp fat free salsa, drained of excess liquid before measuring
- 2 item(s), large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
- 4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 item(s), medium avocado, ripe, cut into 2 wedges
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat.
In a large bowl, beat egg whites and eggs. Add bacon, oregano, salt, pepper and salsa; stir well.
Pour egg mixture into prepared skillet; increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set but still slightly glossy, remove from heat.
Spoon half of egg mixture into center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla to conceal filling, making sure to fold in ends. Place burritos, seam-side down, on prepared baking sheet. Bake until burritos are very hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 slice avocado.
- For a breakfast on the go, fill a toasted whole-wheat pita half with the scrambled egg mixture, sour cream and avocado.