¾ pound(s), cut into small dice
1½ cup(s), frozen
Extra virgin olive oil
Whole wheat bread
12 slice(s), (1/2 inch), Italian variety, or whole-grain Italian bread, toasted
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- Stir together tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Let stand until tomato juices are released, about 20 minutes. Drain tomatoes in sieve set over small bowl; reserve juice.
- Cook edamame according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Combine edamame, 1/3 cup reserved tomato juice, 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in food processor and process until it forms coarse puree, adding a little tomato juice or water if mixture seems dry.
- Spread rounded tablespoonful edamame puree on each toast and top evenly with tomatoes. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over tomatoes and serve with lemon wedges.
- Per serving: 2 bruschetta