Deviled Eggs with Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 large egg(s)
- 2 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 1 oz roasted red peppers (packed in water), about one piece, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp chives, or parsley, freshly minced
- Place eggs in a single layer in a medium saucepan. Pour enough cool water over eggs to cover them by 1 inch. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 12 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and plunge into ice water (to prevent further cooking).
- Shell eggs; slice in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks. Transfer yolks to a medium bowl and add mayonnaise, peppers, mustard and hot sauce. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon yolk filling into egg whites, mounding it slightly. Sprinkle with chives or parsley just before serving. Yields 2 halves per serving.