Deep-Dish Polenta Pie
2 cup(s), divided
Frozen chopped broccoli
1 cup(s), sliced
1% low-fat milk
Uncooked unenriched white cornmeal
Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), divided
1 small, plum, seeded and chopped
- Combine mushrooms and 1/2 cup hot water in a small bowl; set aside. Lightly coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- Place broccoli in colander and squeeze out excess water; set aside. Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups hot water, milk and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly drizzle in cornmeal, whisking constantly. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until polenta is as thick as mashed potatoes, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, mushrooms and their liquid, 3 tablespoons Parmesan and butter.
- Spread polenta mixture evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle on tomato and remaining Parmesan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool at least 30 minutes, or serve at room temperature.