Grilled deconstructed berry pie
2 cup(s), raw, halved if small or quartered if large
6 tsp, divided
Refrigerated pie crust, unprepared
Lite whipped topping
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium-high, or prepare medium-high fire in charcoal grill.
- Cut 2 large sheets (about 18 inches long) of nonstick foil and stack sheets. In medium bowl, toss berries, 5 tsp sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest. Scrape berries onto center of foil. Fold foil tightly over berries to seal and make packet. Transfer packet to grill. Close lid and cook berries for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll piecrust so it’s slightly thinner. Using 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 8 rounds, rerolling scraps as needed. Lightly coat tops of rounds with nonstick spray. In small bowl, whisk cinnamon and remaining 1 tsp sugar and sprinkle over rounds. Transfer rounds to grill, sugared-side up, and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn rounds over and grill until cooked through and lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Divide berries among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 2 crusts and 1 tbsp whipped topping.
- Serving size: ¾ cup berry mixture, 2 crust rounds, and 1 tbsp whipped topping