Curried tofu with vegetables
14 oz, firm
2½ tsp, divided
1 small, into thin strips
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 small, cut into thin strips
1½ Tbsp, fresh, peeled and minced
¾ tsp, or to taste
Ground red pepper
⅛ tsp, or to taste
4 cup(s), cut into small florets
Light unsweetened coconut milk
13⅔ fl oz
Uncooked green snap beans
¼ pound(s), cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch pieces
⅓ cup(s), fresh, chopped
- Wrap tofu in paper towels and place on a large, rimmed plate. Place a heavy saucepan on top of tofu; let stand for 20 minutes to press out excess liquid. Unwrap tofu and slice it into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Next, cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, carefully turning occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes; transfer tofu to a plate.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell pepper, ginger and garlic; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, salt and ground red pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in cauliflower and coconut milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping bottom of pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Add green beans; cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tofu; cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in cilantro. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving