Crispy Chipotle Potato Skins
- 4 large uncooked potato(es), baking-variety, cooked, cooled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder, or chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 6 slice(s) cooked Canadian-style bacon, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium fresh tomato(es), diced
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Scoop out flesh of potatoes, leaving a thin layer of potato flesh in potato. (Reserve remaining potato flesh for another use such as mashed potatoes.)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush insides of potato wedges with oil mixture. Place potato wedges in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet; sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions; serve with sour cream on the side. Yields 2 potato skins and about 2 tablespoons sour cream per serving.
Make this recipe milder and sweeter by using part-skim mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar and pineapple tidbits instead of tomato (could affect SmartPoints values).