Creamy Mexican Dip
- 1 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt, Greek-variety recommended
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free salsa, hot chipotle variety suggested
- 1/2 item(s), medium avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste Garnish
- 1/4 item(s), medium avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s)
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and salsa until blended; stir in remaining ingredients except garnishes. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with garnishes. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
This dip combines all those favorite Mexican flavors like salsa, avocado and cilantro, using fat-free Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It also makes a wonderful topping for tacos or other Mexican foods — and then you don't have to set out separate bowls of salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and onion.