- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) dried cranberries, finely chopped (coat knife with cooking spray before chopping to prevent sticking)
- 1/4 cup(s) walnut(s), finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 oz reduced fat crescent roll dough
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- To make filling, combine cranberries, walnuts and granulated sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle flour on a dry surface; roll out dough into an 11-inch square. Separate dough along perforations into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise, making 16 long triangles.
- Spoon a generous teaspoon of filling onto each triangle, leaving bare pastry at top and bottom of triangle. Roll each triangle from wide end to narrow tip.
- Spread out rolled wedges on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Move rugalach close together so they are just touching each other. Place powdered sugar in a sieve and dust over rugalach.
- Serving size: 1 cookie.
These cookies taste best served warm. To reheat, place cookies in a preheated 325°F oven for 5 minutes. Do not microwave – it will toughen the dough.