Cranberry Almond Bark
This just goes to show that good things do come in threes — sweet, chewy and crunchy.
1 Tbsp, or sliced
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place the almonds on another cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer the nuts to a plate and allow to cool at least 5 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl and microwave on HIGH, stirring every 15 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using a small rubber spatula, stir the cranberries into the melted chocolate. Spread the mixture onto the wax paper-covered cookie sheet and spread it into a 4-inch square. Sprinkle the top with the toasted almonds and press them lightly to adhere.
- Refrigerate 7 minutes or until the chocolate is firm, or allow the chocolate to firm up at room temperature, about 3 hours. Break into quarters.
- Serving size: 1 quarter