Corn Panzanella Salad
Cornbread prepared with fat free milk
3 oz, day-oldDressing
White wine vinegar
¼ tsp, freshly grated
1½ medium, or 1 large, trimmed and finely chopped
Plain fat free yogurt
¼ cup(s), Greek-styleSalad
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
12 oz, halved
2 medium, cooked, kernels removed
2 Tbsp, fresh, shredded
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400ºF.
- Slice cornbread into 1/4- to 1/3-inch-thick strips; place on a baking sheet. Toast until lightly browned and firm, about 3 minutes per side; remove from heat (corn strips will become crisp as they cool). Break into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; stir well. Add scallion and yogurt and stir again; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, corn and basil; season with salt and pepper. Add dressing; mix gently but well. Scatter corn bread pieces over salad and serve.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.