Coconut Hot Cocoa
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together sugar, water and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan set over medium heat just until cocoa and sugar dissolve. Do not bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in milk, coconut milk and vanilla. Continue cooking until mixture is steamy and slightly simmering around interior edges of pan, whisking occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into mugs to serve. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.