Chocolate mocha mousse with cinnamon
1 Tbsp, cold
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Espresso, instant powder
2½ oz, very finely chopped
2 Tbsp, boiling
2 large, pasteurized in-shell
Cream of tartar
Packed brown sugar
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 Bring 1 1/2 inches of water to boil in medium saucepan; reduce to simmer.
- 2 Whisk together 1 tablespoon cold water, cocoa, coffee, cinnamon, and vanilla in medium heatproof bowl. Add chocolate; set bowl over water in saucepan. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove bowl from saucepan and whisk in boiling water. Let stand to cool, whisking occasionally.
- 3 With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Sprinkle in brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4 Whisk yogurt into cooled chocolate. With spatula, gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture in three additions, stirring just until no streaks of white remain.
- 5 Divide mousse evenly among 4 wineglasses or dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, until thoroughly chilled and set, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Dust evenly with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
- Serving size: (1/3 cup)