Just the right mouthful of chocolaty goodness. Freeze extras and defrost at room temperature.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp regular butter, softened
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
Place sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add applesauce and vanilla; beat to blend.
In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.
Shape batter into 40 marble-size balls with your hands; place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- The dough is a little sticky. If it's too difficult for you to work with, chill the dough in the refrigerator first.Store cookies in a tightly covered container to maintain freshness.Like this recipe? Share it! (The icons at the top make it easy.)