Chocolate Cookie Sticks
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray, flour-variety recommended
- 1/4 cup(s) regular butter, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg white; beat thoroughly. With mixer running on low, add melted chocolate. Add salt and flour; mix thoroughly (dough will be stiff).
- Turn dough out onto prepared cookie sheet and shape into a 4- X 6-inch rectangle. (Hint: Use a straight edge, like a knife, to help form the sides.) Cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough and sprinkle with sugar. Cut dough in half lengthwise and cut each half into 12 sticks (to yield 24 sticks total); separate sticks, leaving a small amount of space in between each one. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for 1 or 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cook completely.
- Serving size: 1 cookie