Chocolate chile cookies
Unsweetened baking chocolate square(s)
2 oz, chopped
¼ tsp, or more to taste
Packed brown sugar
1 cup(s), dark-variety
⅓ cup(s), granulated
2 large, at room temperature
½ cup(s), toasted
- Arrange oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in small microwaveable bowl and microwave on High for 15 seconds. Stir, then continue to microwave in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until half of chocolate has melted. Remove bowl from microwave and continue stirring until chocolate has melted; set aside to cool.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cayenne in medium bowl; set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs until well blended, about 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate and the vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and almonds; stir just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing mounds about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are firm and slightly puffed, about 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving size: (1 cookie)