Chocolate-banana bread pudding
3 large egg(s)
2 medium, very ripe, mashed (about 1 cup)
Packed light brown sugar
5 oz, day-old, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
1½ oz, finely chopped, divided (about 4 1/2 Tbsp)
Fresh whipped cream
½ cup(s), or whipped topping
1 cup(s), or other fresh fruit
- Coat a 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, bananas, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until smooth; stir in bread, milk, and 2 Tbsp chocolate. Transfer remaining chocolate to a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour bread pudding mixture in prepared pie plate; spread in an even layer with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake bread pudding, uncovered, until golden brown and set, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with reserved chocolate. Bake until chocolate melts, about 5 minutes.
- Let bread pudding stand 5 minutes; cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm with 1 Tbsp whipped cream and a few berries per wedge.
- Serving size: 1 wedge