Chickpea Veggie Patties by Eatwell Exchange
Uncooked russet potato
½ pound(s), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ cup(s), rinsed
⅓ cup(s), chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), small, chopped
Goya Discos para empanada dough
1 item(s), large
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash the potatoes; set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium. Sauté the onions, bell peppers, and carrots until almost tender, about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas and vegetable broth to the saucepan with vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the chickpeas from the heat, and add the mashed potatoes, onion powder, garlic, cayenne, and allspice. Stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg with 1 tbsp water. Place 3 tbsp of filling in the center of 1 dough disk. Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Fold over and press with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and dough disks. Brush any remaining egg wash on top of patties. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then serve.
- Serving size: 1 patty