Chicken with pasta & puttanesca sauce
Uncooked whole wheat penne
1 large egg(s)
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
20 oz, (4 5-oz. breasts), thin-sliced, cutlets
6 medium, diced
½ small, diced
3 item(s), fillets, minced
2 medium clove(s), minced
1½ Tbsp, drained
8 large, chopped
Red pepper flakes
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place bread crumbs on sheet of wax paper. Beat egg lightly in large shallow bowl or pie plate. Dip chicken into egg; then coat on both sides with bread crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, anchovies, garlic, capers, vinegar, and red pepper flakes to skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with pasta.
- Serving size: 1 cutlet, ½ cup sauce, and ½ cup pasta