Baked Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
Low-fat vinaigrette salad dressing
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), four 4-oz pieces
Canned tomato sauce
Part skim mozzarella cheese
¼ cup(s), shredded
8 slice(s), Italian-style, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the Italian dressing and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in dressing and turn to coat; dip the chicken in the bread crumbs and turn to coat.
- Place the chicken in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Top with the tomato sauce and cheese and bake until the chicken is no longer pink, and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 10 minutes more.
- Place each chicken breast on 1 slice of bread; top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich.