Chicken Niçoise salad with tarragon-olive vinaigrette
Uncooked whole white potato(es)
8 oz, fingerling variety
Uncooked string beans
8 oz, thin, trimmed
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
20 oz, 4 (5-oz breasts)
Fresh mixed greens
5 oz, (1 package)
4 medium, cut into wedges
2 item(s), quartered
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, thinly sliced
1 pinch, (optional)
White wine vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
8 large, Kalamata variety, pitted and minced
1 small, minced
2 tsp, choppped
- 1 Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 8 minutes, adding green beans during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool. Set aside.
- 2 Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3 Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in grill pan and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and cut into slices.
- 4 Meanwhile, to make vinaigrette, whisk together vinegar, water, oil, mustard, and pepper in small bowl. Stir in olives, shallot, and tarragon. Set aside.
- 5 Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Combine potatoes, beans, and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in large bowl and toss to coat.
- 6 Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Arrange potatoes, beans, tomatoes, eggs, and onion evenly on greens. Top evenly with chicken slices. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with paprika, if using.
- Serving size: about 3 cups salad, 1 chicken breast, and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette