Chicken Milanese with arugula salad
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
½ medium, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), quartered
Dried plain breadcrumbs
1 large egg(s)
¼ cup(s), minced
½ oz, grated (about 1/4 cup)
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4 oz cutlets
1 Tbsp, divided
- To make dressing, whisk together 11/2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Place arugula, fennel, onion, and tomatoes on top of dressing (do not mix). Set aside.
- Spread flour and bread crumbs on separate sheets of wax paper. Whisk together egg, egg whites, parsley, and romano in large shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle cutlets on both sides with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat chicken with flour, one piece at a time, shaking off excess. Dip into egg mixture, then lightly coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon butter and heat until melted. Add 2 chicken cutlets and cook until crumb coating is golden and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side; transfer chicken to plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and 2 chicken cutlets.
- Toss salad with dressing until coated evenly. Place chicken on 4 plates; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Top evenly with salad.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast with 2 cups salad