- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), chopped
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 rib(s) uncooked celery, stalk, chopped
- 1 small green pepper(s), chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 cup(s) cooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 28 oz canned tomatoes, whole, plum, peeled with juice
- 2 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) uncooked white rice, long-grain
- Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Over high heat, sauté sausage until crispy on edges. Add onion, celery and green pepper; sauté until tender.
- Reduce heat and stir in cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic; sauté until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes, broth and rice. Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.