Chicken Fajita Salad
- Total Time
Spice up your salad using delicious chicken tenders mixed with tasty vegetables and seasoning to make a quick weeknight meal.
fresh boneless skinless chicken tenderloins6 strip(s)
olive oil2 tsp, extra virgin
uncooked onion(s)1 cup(s), sliced
cremini mushroom(s)8 oz, sliced
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 cup(s), thinly sliced
minced garlic½ tsp
fresh tomato(es)10 oz, canned with chilies, drained
fajita seasoning mix2 Tbsp
romaine lettuce4 cup(s), shredded
WeightWatchers Natural reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese¼ cup(s)
fat free sour cream4 tsp
cilantro2 Tbsp, chopped
fresh lime(s)½ item(s), halved
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan. Cook chicken tenders about 12-15 minutes (turning once during cooking) until internal temperature reaches 165ºF, remove to a plate.
- Add onion, mushrooms and pepper slices to pan and cook for 7-10 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, tomatoes with chilies, spice mix and chicken. Stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Divide lettuce evenly on to two plates.
- Top lettuce with evenly divided chicken fajita mixture.
- Add 1/8 cup cheese, 2 tsp fat-free sour cream, 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro and lime juice to each salad.
- Yields 2 chicken fajita salads.