Chicken and Cheddar Quesadillas
- Total Time
In this lighter version, they are lightly sprayed with nonstick spray and heated in a skillet until the tortillas are temptingly crisp.
flour tortilla(s)6 large
WeightWatchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese1 cup(s)
cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)¼ pound(s), thinly sliced
roasted red peppers (packed in water)½ cup(s), water-packed, drained and chopped
cilantro½ cup(s), loosely packed fresh leaves
uncooked scallion(s)2 medium, thinly sliced
hot pepper sauce⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Place the tortillas on a work surface; sprinkle the cheese evenly over half of each tortilla.
- Arrange the chicken, roasted peppers, cilantro, and scallions evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle each with a few drops of hot pepper sauce.
- Fold the unfilled half of each tortilla over the filling, lightly pressing down on the tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray the top of each quesadilla with olive-oil nonstick spray.
- Place 3 of the tortillas sprayed-side down in the skillet. Cook until crisp on the bottom, 1–2 minutes. Spray the tops of the tortillas with nonstick spray and turn them over. Cook until crisp on the second side, 1–2 minutes.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Cook the remaining 3 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges, making a total of 24 wedges. Yields 2 wedges per serving.
- Stack the wedges on a serving plate and serve hot or warm.