Chicken and black bean tostada
uncooked 93% lean ground chicken
canned pinto beans
½ cup(s), rinsed and drained
fat free salsa
⅓ cup(s), verde
½ cup(s), fresh, chopped, divided
Weight Watchers Reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese
¼ cup(s), sharp-variety
reduced-fat sour cream
1 medium, diced
½ item(s), medium, diced
fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tortillas on prepared pan; bake until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic, cumin and salt; cook, breaking up chunks of chicken with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, in a bowl, mash beans and salsa with a fork until well-blended and most of the beans are mashed; stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- To assemble tostadas, spread 1/4 bean mixture over each tortilla (slightly less than 1/4 cup); top each with about 1/3 cup chicken mixture and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until cheese melts and topping is hot, about 3 minutes. (Broil tostadas to brown cheese even more, if desired.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together tomato, avocado, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and lime juice.
- Remove tostadas from oven and top each with 2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream and about 1/4 cup avocado mixture. Yields 1 tostada per serving.