Chicken and Black Bean Tostada
- Total Time
These pizzas are piled high with mashed pinto beans, salsa verde and cumin-flavored chicken. Then they’re finished with a fresh avocado-tomato topping.
cooking spray3 spray(s)
corn tortilla(s)4 small
uncooked 93% lean ground chicken8 oz
minced garlic1 tsp
ground cumin½ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
canned pinto beans½ cup(s), rinsed and drained
fat free salsa⅓ cup(s), verde
cilantro½ cup(s), fresh, chopped, divided
WeightWatchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese¼ cup(s), sharp-variety
reduced-fat sour cream8 tsp
plum tomato(es)1 medium, diced
avocado½ item(s), medium, diced
fresh lime juice1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tortillas on prepared pan; bake until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic, cumin and salt; cook, breaking up chunks of chicken with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, in a bowl, mash beans and salsa with a fork until well-blended and most of the beans are mashed; stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- To assemble pizzas, spread 1/4 bean mixture over each tortilla (slightly less than 1/4 cup); top each with about 1/3 cup chicken mixture and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until cheese melts and topping is hot, about 3 minutes. (Broil pizzas to brown cheese even more, if desired.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together tomato, avocado, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and lime juice.
- Remove pizzas from oven and top each with 2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream and about 1/4 cup avocado mixture. Yields 1 pizza per serving.