Chia-Crusted Salmon with Spinach Rice
- Total Time
This recipe is originally from WW Australia and has been modified and reprinted with permission.
dried chia seeds1 Tbsp, (choose black chia seeds if available)
uncooked farmed skinless salmon fillet(s)20 oz, (four 5-oz fillets)
cooking spray5 spray(s)
olive oil2 tsp
garlic clove(s)3 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
fresh cherry tomato(es)8 oz, halved
cooked basmati rice2 cups
fresh baby spinach5 oz
basil2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
fresh lemon juice1 tsp
low sodium soy sauce2 tsp
- Place chia seeds on a large plate; dip 1 side of salmon fillets in chia seeds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, chia-side down, for 2 minutes. Flip salmon; cook for 2 minutes more, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and tomatoes, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tomatoes have softened. Add rice, spinach, basil, lemon juice and soy sauce; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top rice mixture with salmon to serve.
- Serving size: 1 salmon fillet and about 1 c rice mixture