Chia-crusted salmon with spinach rice
dried chia seeds
1 Tbsp, (choose black chia seeds if available)
uncooked farmed Atlantic salmon skinless fillet(s)
20 oz, (four 5-oz fillets)
3 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
fresh cherry tomato(es)
8 oz, halved
cooked basmati rice
fresh baby spinach
2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
fresh lemon juice
low sodium soy sauce
- Place chia seeds on a large plate; dip 1 side of salmon fillets in chia seeds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, chia-side down, for 2 minutes. Flip salmon; cook for 2 minutes more, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and tomatoes, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tomatoes have softened. Add rice, spinach, basil, lemon juice and soy sauce; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top rice mixture with salmon to serve.
- Serving size: 1 salmon fillet and about 1 c rice mixture