Cheesy Cauliflower Waffles with Horseradish Sauce
Push your waffle maker to its full potential by turning out these latke-like cakes as a side dish for dinner. Cauliflower rice combines with grated carrot, shredded mozzarella cheese, a beaten egg, and fresh parsley and chives (or whatever herbs you prefer). A few minutes in the hot iron and your waffle is ready. A simple horseradish-yogurt sauce adds kick to every crispy bite.
Uncooked cauliflower rice
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup(s), coarsely shredded
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
2 Tbsp, chopped, plus more for garnish
1 Tbsp, chopped
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Set a wire rack inside a baking sheet and place in the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Preheat a standard nonstick waffle maker. In a medium bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, cheese, carrot, egg, parsley, chives, ¼ tsp of the salt, and ¼ tsp of the black pepper.
- Coat the waffle maker with cooking spray. Spread about ¾ cup of the cauliflower mixture in the center of the waffle maker. Close the lid and cook until the waffle is browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the waffle to the prepared rack in the oven. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, horseradish, and the remaining pinch each of salt and black pepper. Garnish the waffles with more parsley. Serve with the horseradish sauce.
- Serving size: 1 waffle and about 2 tsp sauce