Cheesy baked eggs with spinach
SmartPoints® value per serving
With only 5 ingredients, this breakfast dish is easy enough to prepare on busy mornings. Versatile pre-washed, packaged fresh spinach leaves are great to keep in the refrigerator because you can stretch their use beyond typical salads. Here, a handful adds color and flavor plus transforms the humble egg into something more substantial. After steaming the spinach, squeeze it well to remove any excess moisture. Crack the eggshell on a flat surface, like your countertop, instead of on the side of the baking dish to prevent from breaking the yolk. Serve with a side whole wheat toast or fresh fruit to complete the meal.
1 cup(s), baby, roughly chopped
Low fat American cheese single(s)
¼ tsp, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam the baby spinach for 2 minutes over boiling water.
- In a small casserole dish, crack the egg but do not scramble.
- Add milk, spinach and top with one Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Single.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until egg is firm with slightly runny yolk.
- Sprinkle with salt, to taste.