Carrot Cupcakes Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting
¼ tsp, finely grated
¾ cup(s), finely grated
plain fat free Greek yogurt
unpacked light brown sugar
low fat cream cheese
¼ cup(s), at room temperature
fat free whipped topping
powdered sugar (confectioner's)
unsweetened shredded coconut
3 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 24-hole mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, ginger, lemon zest and nutmeg. In a large bowl, whisk together applesauce, carrot, yogurt, egg, brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients to wet; stir just to combine.
- Evenly divide batter (about 2 rounded Tbsp) among prepared muffin cups; bake until cooked through and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool in pan, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cream cheese, whipped topping, powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and pinch salt.
- Spoon 2 tsp topping mixture onto each cooled cupcake; sprinkle evenly with coconut.
- Serving size: 1 frosted cupcake