- 2 cup(s) reduced sodium vegetable broth, mushroom variety suggested
- 1 cup(s) uncooked bulgur
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushroom(s), thinly sliced (baby Bella suggested)
- 4 cup(s) fresh spinach, baby leaves
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring broth, bulgur and water to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until bulgur is tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and tender, about 8 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until spinach wilts, about 1 minute more.
Spoon bulgur into skillet; stir over low heat until well-combined. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- *If you use frozen spinach, make sure it's thawed and well-drained before using it in the recipe. Cooking time may vary with frozen vegetables.