Caramelized onion and eggplant dip by Digital 360 Coach Tess
Olive oil cooking spray
1 medium, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
¾ tsp, divided
2 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), minced
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
¼ tsp, freshly ground
2 Tbsp, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange eggplant slices on prepared pan, coat with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Bake, flipping once towards the end of cooking, until tender and golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, peel skin from each slice. Transfer flesh to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, warm oil. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions turn deep golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir yogurt, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and pepper into eggplant mixture. Add onions and stir to combine. Garnish with parsley.
- Serving size: about 1/4 cup