Cajun Chicken and sausage jambalaya
uncooked turkey kielbasa
6 oz, sliced
canned diced tomatoes
7¼ oz, 1/2 ( 14 1/2-ounce) can, fire-roasted variety, drained
canned chicken broth
Mahatma Brown whole grain brown rice (uncooked)
¾ cup(s), rinsed well
1 medium, chopped
uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, cut into 1/2-inch dice
3 rib(s), medium, sliced
3 medium clove(s), finely chopped
1 Tbsp, preferably homemade
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
10 oz, 2 (5-ounce) breasts, each cut crosswise into 3 pieces
3 medium, sliced
hot pepper sauce
- Spray bottom of 6-quart Instant Pot with nonstick spray; press Sauté. When Hot is displayed, add kielbasa and cook, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to plate. Press Cancel to turn off pot.
- Add tomatoes, broth, rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pot, mixing well. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Rice setting and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 15 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure.
- Remove lid. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, and kielbasa. Place chicken on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 5 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board. Using two forks, pull chicken apart into bite-size pieces; stir back into rice mixture. Spoon jambalaya into serving bowl and sprinkle with scallions. Serve with hot sauce.
- Single serving: 1 1/2 cups