Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup(s), granulated
Low fat cream cheese
½ cup(s), softened
2 large egg(s), divided into yolks and whites
Crispy rice cereal
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
1 Tbsp, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 2 sheets of nonstick aluminum foil in bottom and up sides of a 9- X 9-inch baking pan (or place regular foil in pan and coat it with cooking spray).
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- In a large bowl, cream together granulated sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating until fully combined; mix in vanilla. Slowly blend flour mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- In another medium bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks begin to form. Fold egg whites into brownie batter; spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine cereal, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle on top of brownies. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake just until center sets, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely and cut into 12 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.